March 12, 2020
I wanted to take a moment to touch base with you to let you know of the precautionary methods we are taking to keep you safe in light of the global spread of COVID-19. As a non-profit organization it is vital that we maintain our productions, programs, and lessons while at the same time ensuring that we do everything within our power to always keep our patrons, students, staff, and audience safe and healthy.
A few things we are doing to help facilitate this:
- We are increasing the frequency of cleaning in our facilities. This includes the regular wiping down of door handles and railings.
- We are offering disinfectant wipes and/or hand sanitizer in our facilities. Extra hand soap will also be made available in our restrooms. Ushers will be visible to distribute wipes both in the lobby and in the theatre for those who would like them.
- All ushers will be wearing fresh gloves that will be disposed of and changed a minimum of once each performance.
- We will scan your ticket as you hold it, but not take your ticket. You can then show your ticket to an usher who will seat you.
- We will no longer recycle programs for re-use by patrons until a time where the level of risk diminishes.
- We are asking any staff member or volunteer who exhibits signs of illness to remain home.
- We will allow our lesson teachers to teach with their studio doors open (if requested by a student) to help facilitate air circulation in these smaller areas.
“The Show Must Go On” – and we will continue to do so with the utmost regard to safety. Thank you for your flexibility as we get through this time and your continued support of our community endeavors.