AUDITION: DEARLY BELOVED
Presented by The Majestic Productions (Adults)
A COMEDY BY JESSIE JONES, NICHOLAS HOPE, JAMIE WOOTEN
OPEN ROLES TO BE FILLED IMMEDIATELY – Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an audition.
Hilarity, Texas style! An over-the-top wedding, three feuding sisters and a church full of small town eccentrics. What could possibly go wrong? In this fast-paced, laugh-a-minute comedy, the Futrelle sisters of Fayro, Texas – Frankie, Twink and their estranged sister, Honey Raye – are thrown together to pull off a family wedding. But it is not going well. Frankie’s oldest twin daughter is marrying the son of the queen of what passes for high society in Fayro and Frankie is desperate to make this antebellum-themed wedding an elegant affair. It soon becomes obvious that Fate has other plans…
Between Frankie’s suspicions of her husband’s infidelity, Twink’s revamp of the wedding dinner into a tacky potluck supper and Honey Raye’s bombshell news that’s fueled her mysterious move back to town, the chances for this wedding being a success are fading fast. In spite of the best efforts of Miss Geneva Musgrave – the cantankerous wedding coordinator – and the homespun enthusiasm provided by Dairy Dog employee, Raynerd Chisum – the proceedings go hysterically off course with the stunning revelation that the bride-to-be and her intended have fled town. The Futrelles scramble to keep the mutinous wedding guests in place by staging a hastily thrown-together talent show in the sanctuary while the Deputy Sheriff races through the countryside to collar the runaway couple and drag them back for the “I do’s.”
This joyful Southern-fried Jones Hope Wooten Comedy about love, marriage, sisterhood and three hundred pounds of good, ol’ Texas barbeque will have you laughing all the way down the aisle!
DIRECTED BY CAROLE NEVEUX
CHARACTERS (OPEN ROLES – Ages are flexible – All Ages Considered):
DUB DUBBERLY, 40s, Frankie’s husband
WILEY HICKS, 40s, Twink’s longtime boyfriend
PATSY PRICE, 50s, mother of the groom
SCHEDULES (Starts Sunday 3/10/19)
- REHEARSAL SCHEDULE: (at Majestic Studios)
- SUNDAYS from 3:00-6:00pm
- TUESDAYS and WEDNESDAYS from 6:30-9:30pm
- MANDATORY TECH WEEK:
- SUNDAY, APRIL 21st from 12:00-8:00pm
- MONDAY, APRIL 22nd from 6:30-9:30pm
- TUESDAY, APRIL 23rd from 6:30-9:30pm
- WEDNESDAY, APRIL 24th from 6:30-9:30pm
- THURSDAY, APRIL 25th from 6:30-9:30pm
- MANDATORY PERFORMANCES:
- FRIDAY, APRIL 26th at 7:00pm
- SATURDAY, APRIL 27th at 2:00pm
- SATURDAY, APRIL 27th at 7:00pm
- SUNDAY, APRIL 28th at 2:00pm
- *Followed by MANDATORY Strike for ALL CAST
- Monologues and welcome, but not required.
- You do not need to make an appointment – auditions are “open call”
- Be prepared to bring all schedule conflicts to list on the audition form.
- There is a $25 production fee associated with this production.
- Audition will also consist of readings from the script (provided at audition time).