Presented by The Majestic Productions
(Family Musical – Ages 8 through Adult )
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19th at 6:30pm
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21st at 6:30pm
Performance Dates: December 10-12, 2021 at the Majestic Studio Theatre
Book by Duane Poole / Music by Larry Grossman / Lyrics by Kellen Blair
A year after the events of A Christmas Carol, the four ghosts (Jacob Marley and the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future) return with a new goal: to reunite the new and improved Ebenezer Scrooge with his long-lost first love, Belle. All of Dickens’ familiar characters return in this romantic and festive sequel to the perennial classic. The charming score, with lyrics by Kellen Blair and music by Larry Grossman (Snoopy!!!), features the songs “Carol (Like A Person In Love),” “You’re Safe With Me,” “The Hours In Between,” “Happier,” and “You Can’t Put A Price On Love.”
DIRECTED BY REBECCA ANTONAKOS BELANGER / MUSICAL DIRECTION BY KEITH BELANGER
CHARACTERS (All ages considered for all roles / Doublings listed are TBA)
- Ebenezer Scrooge: A bit younger than we’ve known him.
- Jacob Marley: Scrooge’s ghostly former partner.
- Ghost of Christmas Past: Female, a bubbly Billie Burke. A Victorian Music Hall showgirl, giddily in love with love.
- Ghost of Chritmas Present / Businessman: A larger-than-life, boisterous “Gaston” type with an enormous ego. / An admirer of Scrooge.
- Ghost of Christmas Future / Dick Wilkins / Minister: cloaked, ominous, nearly silent. / Cocky ladies’ man. / Man of the cloth.
- Young Scrooge / Father Christmas: Scrooge in his early twenties. / Bearded holiday figure.
- Young Belle / Older Belle: The love interest, past and present.
- Fred / Mr. Fezziwig: Scrooge’s well-to-do nephew. / Scrooge’s one-time employer.
- Juliana / Mrs. Fezziwig: Fred’s charming wife. / Fezziwig’s outgoing life partner.
- Bob Cratchit: Former clerk, now partner.
- Mrs. Cratchit: Smart, strong.
- Tiny Tim: Young, adorable.
- Peter / Young Boy: The Cratchit’s older son. / The turkey boy.
- Martha / Businessman’s Wife / Mabel: The Cratchit’s daughter. / Businessman’s Wife. / Fezziwig’s daughter.
- Nora / Maggie: Belle’s child. / Fezziwig’s daughter.
- Ensemble: Ages 8 through adult.
- REHEARSAL SCHEDULE: (at Majestic Studios) – STARTS MON.10/25/21
- MONDAYS and THURSDAYS from 6:00-9:00pm
- SUNDAYS from 12:00-4:00pm
- MANDATORY DRESS REHEARSALS: (at Derry Opera House)
- SUNDAY, DECEMBER 5th from 11am-8:00pm
- MONDAY, DECEMBER 6th from 6:00pm-10:00pm
- TUESDAY, DECEMBER 7th from 6:00pm-10:00pm
- WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 8th from 6:00pm-10:00pm
- THURSDAY, DECEMBER 9th from 6:00pm-10:00pm
- MANDATORY PERFORMANCES: (at Derry Opera House)
- FRIDAY, DECEMBER 10th at 7:00pm
- SATURDAY, DECEMBER 11th at 2:00pm and 7:00pm
- SUNDAY, DECEMBER 12th at 2:00pm
- followed by MANDATORY STRIKE for all cast members.
- You do not need to make an audition appointment, simply show up. We see people in the order they arrive and complete paperwork. To print and fill out the audition form ahead of time please click here: Audition Form – Master 2021
- IMPORTANT: If you audition for our production and are cast it is expected you will follow through and do our production; failure to do so may prevent you from being cast in a future show as you will have possibly taken a spot from someone who was not cast. If you are auditioning ONLY for specific roles you may specify that on the audition form and you will only be considered for those roles. If you do not specify we will assume you will accept ANY role offered.
- There is no Production Fee for this production.
- Please prepare a musical selection that shows off the character of your voice; please bring sheet music (pianist provided) or a backing track (no voices); you may blu-tooth to our stereo or bring a CD.
- Audition may also consist of readings from the script (provided at audition time).
- Adults must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to audition and participate in this production.
- Youth and Teens must wear a mask during rehearsals and performances if they are not vaccinated.