Presented by The Majestic Productions (Adults 20+)
A COMEDY BY KATHERINE DiSAVINO
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 20th at 6:30pm
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 26th at 7:30pm
Olivia and Gabe are moving into their first apartment together. They’ve just packed up all of their belongings and driven halfway across the country to start a new life together in Chicago. Their moving day doesn’t go exactly as planned, though, and things become slightly more complicated when all of their parents show up to help! Can a two-bedroom apartment contain all of the love, laughs, worry, and wisdom that’s about to happen?
This comedy from the author of Nana’s Naughty Knickers takes a generational look at relationships, and how sometimes parents are passing their best lessons on to their children without even meaning to. Funny and touching, this one will make you laugh out loud and fall in love all over again.
DIRECTED BY BECKY RUSH
(Ages are somewhat flexible – All Ages Considered):
OLIVIA KEEGAN – late 20s; energetic; neat; slightly OCD; an architect.
KAREN KEEGAN – late 50s-60s; Olivia’s mother.
CARTER KEEGAN – 60s; Olivia’s father.
GABE LAWSON – late 20s; a writer; good-natured.
LYDIA LAWSON – late 50s-60s; Gabe’s mother.
WYATT LAWSON – 60s; Gabe’s father.
MAX MIROWSKI – late 50s; Polish accent; building super; may be played by a man or woman.
SCHEDULES (Starts Tuesday 12/10/19)
- REHEARSAL SCHEDULE: (at Majestic Studios)
- SUNDAYS from 1:00-4:00pm
- TUESDAYS and THURSDAYS from 6:30-9:30pm
- MANDATORY TECH WEEK (at Majestic Studios):
- SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 2nd from 1:00-4:00pm
- MONDAY, FEBRUARY 3rd from 6:30pm-?
- TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 4th from 6:30pm-?
- WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 5th from 6:30pm-?
- THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 6th from 6:30pm-? (move in to Executive Court)
- MANDATORY PERFORMANCES (at Executive Court):
- FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 7th at 7:00pm / 6pm call
- SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 8th at 7:00pm / 6pm call
- SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 9th at 1:30pm/12:30pm call
- *Followed by MANDATORY Strike for ALL CAST
- Although this is a dinner theatre performance actors are NOT expected to help in any aspect of the dinner portion of the event. We do ask for volunteers to help seat the crowd (not required) for the first 10-15 minutes when doors open to get the initial crowd to their seats. You then have an hour to get ready for the show while the guests are having dinner.
- Monologues and welcome, but not required.
- You do not need to make an appointment – auditions are “open call”
- Be prepared to bring all schedule conflicts to list on the audition form.
- There is a $25 production fee associated with this production.
- Audition will also consist of readings from the script (provided at audition time).