AUDITION: JEKYLL & HYDE – THE MUSICAL
Presented by The Majestic Productions (Adults 15+)
Conceived for the Stage by Frank Wildhorn & Steve Cuden
Book and Lyrics by Leslie Bricusse
Music by Frank Wildhorn
Based on the story by Robert Louis Stevenson
Monday, May 13th at 6:30pm / Tuesday, May 14th at 6:30pm
The epic struggle between good and evil comes to life on stage in the musical phenomenon, Jekyll & Hyde. Based on the classic story by Robert Louis Stevenson and featuring a thrilling score of pop rock hits from multi-Grammy- and Tony-nominated Frank Wildhorn and double-Oscar- and Grammy-winning Leslie Bricusse, Jekyll & Hyde has mesmerized audiences the world over.An evocative tale of two men – one, a doctor, passionate and romantic; the other, a terrifying madman – and two women – one, beautiful and trusting; the other, beautiful and trusting only herself– both women in love with the same man and both unaware of his dark secret. A devoted man of science, Dr. Henry Jekyll is driven to find a chemical breakthrough that can solve some of mankind’s most challenging medical dilemmas. Rebuffed by the powers that be, he decides to make himself the subject of his own experimental treatments, accidentally unleashing his inner demons along with the man that the world would come to know as Mr. Hyde.
Directed by ELLIOT OWENS
Musical Direction by KEITH BELANGER
CHARACTERS (Ages are flexible – All Ages Considered):
- Gabriel John Utterson (30-45) – Serves as Jekyll’s lawyer and helpful friend. He advises the troubled doctor on personal and professional affairs.
- Sir Danvers Carew (60-70) – Emma’s loving father and Chairman of the Board of Governors. A charming and gentle man.
- Henry Jekyll / Edward Hyde – (30-45) Jekyll is a doctor obsessed with discovering the true nature behind the good and evil in man and Emma’s fiancee. After he uses an experimental formula on himself, his evil side – Edward Hyde – takes control. As Hyde, he is violent, commanding, and a sexual deviant attracted to Lucy.
- Simon Stride (30-40) – The secretary of the Board of Governors and Jekyll’s rival for Emma’s affections.
- Lady Beaconsfield
- Bishop Of Basingstoke (40-60) – A hypocritical, sadistic man of the cloth and a member of the Board of Governors.
- Lord Savage
- General Lord Glossop (50-60) – A pompous retired army man and member of the Board of Governors.
- Sir Archibald Proops
- Emma Carew (20-25) – The daughter of Chariman Danvers and Jekyll’s beloved finacee who is refined and desired by all of the socialite men.
- Lucy Harris (20-30) – The gorgeous ‘main attraction’ at a local gentleman’s club. At the bottom of her luck, she becomes the object of Hyde’s obsession. Lucy is feisty and wild, but also cautious and aware.
- Ensemble – Aristocrats; Citizens; Servants; Party Guests; Prostitutes; Policemen
SCHEDULES (Starts Monday, 5/20/19)
- REHEARSAL SCHEDULE: (at Majestic Studios)
- MONDAYS, TUESDAYS, and THURSDAYS from 6:30-9:30pm
- MANDATORY TECH WEEK:
- SUNDAY, JULY 7th from 12:00-8:00pm (TBA)
- MONDAY, JULY 8th from 6:00-??
- TUESDAY, JULY 9th from 6:00-??
- WEDNESDAY, JULY 10th from 6:00-??
- THURSDAY, JULY 11th from 6:00-??
- MANDATORY PERFORMANCES:
- FRIDAY, JULY 12th at 7:00pm
- SATURDAY, JULY 13th at 7:00pm
- SUNDAY, JULY 14th at 2:00pm
- FRIDAY. JULY 19th at 7:00pm
- SATURDAY, JULY 20th at 7:00pm
- *Followed by MANDATORY Strike for ALL CAST
- Please prepare a musical selection that shows off the character of your voice; please bring sheet music (pianist provided) or a backing track (blu-tooth to our stereo or bring a CD).
- Monologues and welcome, but not required.
- Please be prepared to move, as there may be a small movement audition.
- You do not need to make an appointment – auditions are “open call”
- Be prepared to bring all schedule conflicts to list on the audition form.
- There is a $25 production fee associated with this production.
- Audition will also consist of readings from the script (provided at audition time).