Presented by The Majestic Productions
TUESDAY, MAY 11th at 7:00pm – OPEN ROLE (see below)
Performance Dates: June 18-27, 2020 at the Majestic Studio Theatre
by Robert Harling / The action is set in Truvy’s beauty salon in Chinquapin, Louisiana, where all the ladies who are “anybody” come to have their hair done. Helped by her eager new assistant, Annelle (who is not sure whether or not she is still married), the outspoken, wise-cracking Truvy dispenses shampoos and free advice to the town’s rich curmudgeon, Ouiser, (“I’m not crazy, I’ve just been in a bad mood for forty years”); an eccentric millionaire, Miss Clairee, who has a raging sweet tooth; and the local social leader, M’Lynn, whose daughter, Shelby (the prettiest girl in town), is about to marry a “good ole boy.” Filled with hilarious repartee and not a few acerbic but humorously revealing verbal collisions, the play moves toward tragedy when, in the second act, the spunky Shelby (who is a diabetic) risks pregnancy and forfeits her life. The sudden realization of their mortality affects the others, but also draws on the underlying strength—and love—which give the play, and its characters, the special quality to make them truly touching, funny and marvelously amiable company in good times and bad.
DIRECTED BY CAROLE NEVEUX
- M’LYNN EATENTON (F/early 40s-early 50s): Shelby’s mother. Always knows what’s best, stubborn, and loves fully and fiercely. Her main priority would be her daughter, Shelby. On the surface, she is seen as strong and collective, but deep down she is fragile. She is the heart piece of the play.
SCHEDULE (starts 5/16/21):
- REHEARSAL SCHEDULE*: (at Majestic Studios)
- SUNDAYS from 1:00pm-4:00pm
- TUESDAYS and THURSDAYS from 6:30-9:30pm
- MANDATORY DRESS REHEARSALS: (at Majestic Studios)
- SUNDAY, JUNE 13th from 1:00-4:00pm
- MONDAY, JUNE 14th from 6:30pm-???
- TUESDAY, JUNE 15th from 6:30pm-???
- WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16th from 6:30pm-???
- THURSDAY, JUNE 17th from 6:30pm-???
- MANDATORY PERFORMANCES: (at Majestic Studios)
- FRIDAYS, JUNE 18th and 25th at 7:00pm
- SATURDAYS, JUNE 19th and 26th at 7:00pm
- SUNDAYS, JUNE 20th and 27th at 7:00pm
- followed by MANDATORY STRIKE (on 6/27) for all cast members.
- Monologues are very welcome, but not required.
- Be prepared to bring all schedule conflicts to list on the audition form.
- You do not need to make an audition appointment, simply show up. To print and fill out the audition form ahead of time please click here: Audition Form – Master.
- There is a $25 production fee associated with this production.
- Audition will also consist of readings from the script.