AUDITION: The Wizard of Oz – Young Performers Edition
Tuesday, November 2nd at 6:30pm
Saturday, November 6th at 12 noon
(Ages 8-16*) *You must be within these ages at the time of audition; proof of age may be required.
By L. Frank Baum
With Music and Lyrics by Harold Arlen and E. Y. Harburg
Background Music by Herbert Stothart
Adaptation and support materials for the Youth Edition developed by iTheatrics under the supervision of Timothy Allen McDonald
The Wizard of Oz: Youth Edition is a special adaptation of The Wizard of Oz, specially tailored for elementary and middle school-aged actors. The materials have been prepared to help your school or organization mount the best possible production and to give your young cast and crew an exciting and rewarding experience.
DIRECTED BY REBECCA RUSH
CHARACTERS (All ages considered for all roles):
- Aunt Em
- Uncle Henry
- Hickory (Tin Man)
- Zeke (Lion)
- Hunk (Scarecrow)
- Miss Gulch
- Professor Marvel
- Rowboat Man #1
- Rowboat Man #2
- Toto (Dog)
- Munchkin #1
- Munchkin #2
- Munchkin #3
- City Father #1
- City Father #2
- Three Tots
- Wicked Witch
- Apple Tree #1
- Apple Tree #2
- Apple Tree #3
- Emerald City Chorus
- Oz Woman
- Oz’s Voice
- Nikko, leader of the winged monkeys
- Winkie Guards
- Oz People
- REHEARSAL SCHEDULE: (at Majestic Studios – STARTS November 13th)
- SATURDAYS from 9am-12pm (full cast)
- TUESDAYS and THURSDAYS from 6-8pm (small groups as scheduled)
- TECH WEEK/PERFORMANCES: (Mandatory – Dress Rehearsals and Performances at Derry Opera House)
- Sunday, January 23rd from 10am-12:30pm
- Monday, January 24th from 6-9pm
- Tuesday, January 25th from 6-9pm
- Wednesday, January 26th from 6-9pm
- Thursday, January 27th from 6-9pm
- PERFORMANCE: Friday, January 28 at 7:00pm
- PERFORMANCE: Saturday, January 29th 7:00pm
- PERFORMANCE: Sunday, January 30th at 2:00pm
- You do not need to make an audition appointment, simply show up. We see people in the order they arrive and complete paperwork. To print and fill out the audition form ahead of time please click here: Audition Form 2018-19 – Youth
- IMPORTANT: If you audition for our production and are cast it is expected you will follow through and do our production; failure to do so may prevent you from being cast in a future show as you will have possibly taken a spot from someone who was not cast. If you are auditioning ONLY for specific roles you may specify that on the audition form and you will only be considered for those roles. If you do not specify we will assume you will accept ANY role offered.
- There is a $125 production fee associated with this production (if you need financial assistance please fill out our Majestic Theatre Scholarship App Form 18 – this should be done immediately AFTER casting as needing scholarship assistance is NOT a factor in casting). This includes all rehearsal materials for the show, a show t-shirt, and professionally taken photos from the production.
- In addition, there is a $75 “Doing Your Part” deposit that you get back once all production support items are completed. Here are the DYP requirements: Wizard of Oz DYP 2022
- Please prepare a musical selection that shows off the character of your voice; please bring sheet music (pianist provided) or a backing track (no voices); you may blu-tooth to our stereo or bring a CD.
- Audition may also consist of readings from the script (provided at audition time).
- Masks will be required for all staff and performers for this project (auditions and rehearsals) regardless of vaccination status. We are hoping to remove masks for tech week and/or performances but that decision will not be made until we get closer to the actual show dates.